Being in jail sucks.
I can't post in any of my own groups which really makes things suck even worse. I love my girls in my fan group. I miss talking with them and getting to know them more. Sigh. The good news is I have only one more day left on my annoying restriction then I'm back! I'm really really really ready to get out jail. So I decided since I'm not able to post in my group, I would post here.
Today I'm going to do something that I never really do. Talk about myself.
I figured a lot of my new followers don't know me as a person, and all they see is just an author. But I'm more than that. I do keep most of my life private just because there's a lot of creepers out there. And since FB is getting worse every single day at putting authors in jail, I really don't want what I normally post in my fan group putting me in jail over and over if I were to post it on my page. I'm going to talk/type about 5 things you might not know about me. Hopefully you find some of these things interesting, but if not oh well. What you see is what you get with me ;-)
1. What to start with...OH I know. I grew up in a very small town in MS. This town was so small that everyone knew everyone. It has one one gas station but it does have a red light so that's a plus. But, if you blink you will pass right by it. Growing up there kind of sucked when I hit my wild teenage stage. You know the one where you're crazy about boys and just want to drink and have fun? Yeah I had those years lol. But with this town, if I planned on doing something bad for the weekend, like sneaking out of the house to meet a boy, my parents knew about it before I got home. There's so many times this would happen and my parents would ground me before I even went through with it. It was annoying, but over time, I got smarter...which led to stupid decisions but hey I was young and dumb.
2. I was a hug tomboy growing up. I really didn't have a choice. I have 5 brothers, yes I know, and it just wasn't in me to be the girly girl. I wanted to go to the creek with my brothers and catch crawdads. I wanted to play in the dirt and climb trees. I learned how to take care of myself from my brothers. They would pick on me and tell me to go away because they didn't want their little sister tagging along. I didn't care. I went anyways. I'm still a tomboy. I hardly ever wear makeup. I really don't like wearing heels or dressing up fancy. Sometimes I do. Like for something special but normally if I'm not in my pj's I'm in jeans and a T-shirt. I love to hunt and fish. I miss going mud ridding. I used to ride horses and feed chickens. LOL. At one time of my life my mom and my ex stepdad (yes he's an ex now to my mom) had a farm going on. We had 8 horses, tons of chicken, rabbits, ducks, and lots of cats. For the mice of course. Can't have a barn without them. I'm getting off track. Growing up with so many brothers and basically around boys all my life was pretty great. I learned a lot and trust me when I say once I started finding myself and wanted to date, things got tricky. But overall, I know my brothers would be here for me and stick up for me no matter what.
3. I used to be a cheerleader. Ha! Kind of sounds strange that a tomboy like me would be a cheerleader but I was. For a while actually. It was more of my moms thing. She liked to sign me up for it starting when I was five. Every year since I can remember, my mom would sign me up for summer camp for cheer-leading and for the pee wee squad. I really didn't mind. I actually enjoyed it for a while. It was fun. But the thing is, as I got older, I realized no matter how good I was at it, I was an outsider. All the other girls on the squad were the girly girls. The popular girls. I didn't fit in, but I didn't care. I still tried out once I got into junior high and high school. Granted for my sophomore year I didn't make it, and at the time I was disappointed, but then again I got a job and then I had money to go do other stuff.
4. I have a degree in the medical field.
Shocking right? Wondering why I'm a full time author instead? I'll tell you. I spent way to much time focused on the wrong career path. Some of it was because I listened to what others were telling me what I should do and the other part was I didn't have the confidence to do what I truly wanted. I have two loves in my life when it comes to my career. It's writing and decorating cakes. Looking back now, I could've had such a different life if I'd just listened to what I really wanted. Maybe things would be different, but I really believe everything happens for a reason. Even if I don't understand the path I'd taken back then, it's led me where I am today. Plus once I got my degree in all fairness, I did work at the hospital for a year, just so I could say I tried to make it work. I did work at a few bakeries too, so in a way I kinda fulfilled my second love. I still miss decorating cakes. It was fun and relaxing. It was exciting to create something for others and seeing how happy it made them. But I have to say once I decided to actually try for my long lost dream of becoming an author, there's no greater happiness than actually reaching this goal. So in a way it's sort of me giving you some advice: Do what you love. Don't sell yourself short just because everyone else doesn't agree or tells you differently. Go for what will make you happy.
5. What to tell you for my last one...I really don't know what else to say lol. I'm just an ordinary person. I have tons of hobbies, I'm a collector of owls cause they're awesome. I read a lot of books. I watch tons of movies and TV shows. I'm sort of boring lol. But my mind, I wish I could explain it better, but my mind is VERY active. Sometimes it's a real pain in the ass. I'm constantly thinking about what to write, the characters, and a story-line. Most never make it to my Word Doc, but it's always there. I'm also a worrier. I guess it makes sense that I worry about everything and anything. My brain isn't wired to think of nothing I guess. So in a way it's a blessing and a curse.
I think that's enough for today. Maybe this post will give you more into my world and hopefully you like me for me. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm not a fake person. Whatever I say on any of my social media sites, it's the REAL me. I don't hide behind a fake persona. Anyways, I'll post again soon. I'll have to think of something else to write about lol.